Sheltered housing for older people

Phone 01621 840247

Paying your Rent (Weekly Maintenance Contributions)

All residents living in Maldon Housing Association properties are asked to pay their rent or weekly maintenance contribution by direct debit on the first working day of each month.

If your income consists of the basic retirement pension and you have little or no capital, you may be entitled to Housing Benefit to help with your housing costs. If you do have some additional income to your basic retirement pension, you may still be entitled to some help with housing costs.

To make a claim for Housing Benefit you should contact Maldon District Council.

If you think you may be eligible, please ensure you claim housing benefit as soon as possible. It is paid only from the time you hand your claim form to the Council.

Our Supported Housing Manager will assist if you need help in completing the claim form.

Part of the Rent/Weekly Maintenance Contribution you pay to the Association is for the support provided by the staff and emergency call system. If you receive Housing Benefit this part of the rent will be paid directly to the Association every four weeks. This is called Supporting People Grant.

If you have any concerns about paying your rent, or any further enquiries please contact us.